Sunday, 11 October 2026

Chuck's picture corner to Oct 11, 2026

A busy week on the cooler side. The final harvest of stuff hopefully finishes today. Summer projects finished for the season and prep. for another season of snow begins.  Starting with the car of course, the furnace service has already happened. 
I'm so happy this wet year that I finally after 25 years got a dryer. It's a gas dryer so as to not push my small electric system too much stress , it works great. I only use it when it's precipitating. 

sedum colours

hot peppers hanging to ripen and dry

shopping

One of the free red oak I got this spring.

A ginko tree I bought last spring, it spent last winter in the back (cool) room where I will keep it again this winter. It gets planted next spring. Ginkgo is a very very old species of tree.

The asters are almost done.

This pampas grass has done it's job, the stump it grows on has totally rotted, perhaps it's time has come. The stuff is ragingly prolific.

The last of the hibiscus.

My son came by and we finally finished siding the back of the house. So great to work with someone literate in construction, and completed with tools.

The gas company came to change my meter without prior notice. When the guy finished he did a surprise safety inspection. He turned my gas off. After 30 years it turns out I have code safety issues, the gas pipe was too close to the wall. It cost me $850. to get my gas back on.

marigold companion plants 

The final pick from the apple tree.


Enjoy the day
https://chuckincardinal.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stick to the subject, NO religion, or Party politics